1st To Fight
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1TF 
HomeHomeLatest imagesRosterMy first car!!! 1tfi_i19My first car!!! 1tfi_i20My first car!!! 1tfi_i21SearchRegisterLog in
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» RENT IS TOO DAMN HIGH
My first car!!! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 5:52 am by VoodooChild-[1TF]

» MA: tankninja1
My first car!!! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 1:03 am by Omega-[1TF]

» Why I am gone
My first car!!! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 12:08 am by Omega-[1TF]

» 1TF Sig/Avatar requests
My first car!!! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 10:54 am by T.Nightingale-[1TF]

» PR: ARMA2
My first car!!! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 9:19 pm by VoodooChild-[1TF]

» Normal Jokes
My first car!!! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 7:52 pm by VoodooChild-[1TF]

» Real Life RTS
My first car!!! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 7:35 pm by VoodooChild-[1TF]

» ImpureXTC-[1TF] DELOYMENT UPDATE
My first car!!! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 4:58 am by Omega-[1TF]

» Kokan and Hookers EPIC Vicotry
My first car!!! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 9:32 pm by VoodooChild-[1TF]

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 91 on Tue May 14, 2019 9:02 pm
Top posters
T.Nightingale-[1TF]
My first car!!! I_vote_lcapMy first car!!! I_voting_barMy first car!!! I_vote_rcap 
Omega-[1TF]
My first car!!! I_vote_lcapMy first car!!! I_voting_barMy first car!!! I_vote_rcap 
jarhead1145-[1TF]
shoot2kill23-[1TF]
Spielman-[1TF]
Admin
EpikGhost-[1TF]
RedneckSniper-[1TF]
VoodooChild-[1TF]
Caskey-[1TF]

My first car!!!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
jarhead1145-[1TF]

jarhead1145-[1TF]

My first car!!! Empty
PostSubject: My first car!!!   My first car!!! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 3:53 pm

It is a Volkswagen Golf GTI with a 1.8t 2002. I got it for $7000 and it had 60000miles on it. It broke down twice on me so far, first the power steering broke and then a couple weeks after that the clutch broke. But whats good about that is I have a 3 month warranty and all this stuff that breaks I get it fixed for free!!!
Ignore the coke can I forgot to pick it up. If anyone wants to know, the stick is way better and funner than a automatic. I don't know the top speed yet, I'll test it when I buy a performance chip, but I can tell you that the speedometer goes up to 160mph. I also know that it has great acceleration because when i pulled up to a red light i look to my left and I seen that there were some other guys revving up their engines. Everyone knows what that means. So when the light turned green I beat them all off the line by one car length in !st gear then came second and i was leaving them in the dust. I switched to third there was no catching me. But that's when my clutch broke and I had to pull to the side of the road.
Right now I'm trying to figure out from my mechanic if the clutch pad has worn down or the link between my clutch pedal and my pad has been severed.
It probably has been severed because when it broke my clutch pedal was stuck to the floor.
Well any way check out these pics!!! My first car!!! Cimg2912 My first car!!! Cimg2913My first car!!! Cimg2914
The interior is also nice has AC, nice Monsoon sound system, heated seats, leather seats, etc.
What I cant get is that it has a cassette tape thing on it, I mean who has those things anymore?!?

If you look close enough you might notice that this car has lots of dings on it. But thanks to me I cleaned it up so good that it is hardly noticeable.
My first car!!! Cimg2915
Oh, and here is the pic of the engine i promised!Very Happy
And here is what I dream to turn this car into
My first car!!! Shift_11
My first car!!! Shift_12
It is a fully upgraded GTI in Need For Speed Shift, I just love that car Cool

Last edited by jarhead1145-[1TF] on Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Spielman-[1TF]
Server Admin
Spielman-[1TF]

My first car!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My first car!!!   My first car!!! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 5:48 pm

nice vw

There are easy ways to diagnose a clutch problem

Master Cylinder - This is the Hydraulic cylinder that your clutch peddle is linked to, also where you would put your clutch fluid. ' dot 3 or 4 ' what ever your car calls for. I have seen these go out from trash getting into the oil in the cylinder. This cylinder is set up like a Hydraulic ram, when you press your clutch pedal down a piston is pushed in the cylinder, compressing the oil and sending the high pressure oil down a steel or reinforced rubber line to the slave cylinder.

Clutch Line - The high pressure line between the master and slave cylinder that delivers the compressed oil.

Slave Cylinder- The slave cylinder is the part of the clutch system that actuates the clutch by pressing on a fork that in turn moves the clutch away from the flywheel. The slave cylinder is also a Hydraulic piston, when filled with high pressure oil, it forces a rod out of the piston which presses on the fork. This is likely your problem if when you press your pedal down and it just goes strait to the floor with no resistance or wont return to the previous position. The slave cylinder is known to blow its seals if your stomping the shit out of the clutch pedal.

The Clutch - Transfers the torque from the engine to the transmission. If this is worn down, no .

So the possible failure scenarios

-Air in the line between the master and the slave cylinders
-Bad master cylinder
-Broken Clutch line
-Bad seal on the slave Cylinder causing oil to bleed out, thus no pressure to the clutch fork.
-No more pad on the clutch :/
-Clutch exploded from to much torque, usually from engaging the clutch at high rpm's
hope not...

Tell me all the symptoms you were having.

Razz
Back to top Go down
T.Nightingale-[1TF]
Admin
T.Nightingale-[1TF]

My first car!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My first car!!!   My first car!!! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 4:57 am

LOL Spielman our online mechanic.

Gotta say its a ncie car for a first one. Dont crash it.
Are you full licensed or just learning?
Two doors usually jumps up the insurance a bit.
Also im not sure how the prices work in US but if you paid $7000 here for something that shoddy then it would be immediately returned and refunded. In Australia everything you buy has a 3 month warranty for repairs and bung products.
I like the little Golfs. I prefer race cars or 4WD's but Golf's aren't shit cars and are great on fuel just dont try to go camping with all your friends in that, you'll be mighty cramped.
Back to top Go down
jarhead1145-[1TF]

jarhead1145-[1TF]

My first car!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My first car!!!   My first car!!! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 7:12 pm

I am fully licensed driver. The car is not completely trash its just worn down. Think of it, it has been 8years since that car was brand new. Long time.

Everything breaks down. I'll get a pic of the engine when I get my car back it looks awesome!!!
Back to top Go down
T.Nightingale-[1TF]
Admin
T.Nightingale-[1TF]

My first car!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My first car!!!   My first car!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 3:07 am

Ill be sure to load up some pics of mine soon.
Mine is a Toyota Cressida 1988 and never breaks down and has only needed the brake cylinders and head replaced in 10 years and i got it for free but its worth $2000 and its got AC, 6 cylinder engine, 4 speed auto, 240kmph top, comfy seats, power windows and built like a sherman tank.

Great car. Not to put yours down as i said hatchbacks aren't my thing.
Back to top Go down
jarhead1145-[1TF]

jarhead1145-[1TF]

My first car!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My first car!!!   My first car!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 6:53 pm

crap I just found out that the clutch isnt covered in the warranty!!!! gotta buy one for myself Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
T.Nightingale-[1TF]
Admin
T.Nightingale-[1TF]

My first car!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My first car!!!   My first car!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 1:53 am

jarhead1145-[1TF] wrote:
crap I just found out that the clutch isnt covered in the warranty!!!! gotta buy one for myself Crying or Very sad
Well thats sucks.
Back to top Go down
Omega-[1TF]
Admin
Omega-[1TF]

My first car!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My first car!!!   My first car!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 8:39 pm

nice car for a first. got some friends who had em, and their great.
Back to top Go down
Spielman-[1TF]
Server Admin
Spielman-[1TF]

My first car!!! Empty
PostSubject: oh thy rotary money pit of doom   My first car!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 1:30 am

clutch isnt a big deal

my car is an endless money pit..

ive swaped the engine, gone through 3 turbochargers, rebuilt the engine twice, gasket failures here and there... all kinds of money spent. Its a love i cant escape....

My Rx7 "the back one" ;p

My first car!!! L_f51310

Got the car for free..

Put 6k into it. Still Spending

oh yea 390hp at the wheels ^^
Back to top Go down
jarhead1145-[1TF]

jarhead1145-[1TF]

My first car!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My first car!!!   My first car!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 5:58 pm

nice cars wanna race? oh wait

oh and were are the hoods?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My first car!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My first car!!!   My first car!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My first car!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
1st To Fight :: Welcome to the 1st To Fight Community :: General Chat-
Jump to: