1st To Fight
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1TF 
HomeHomeLatest imagesRosterPossibilities 1tfi_i19Possibilities 1tfi_i20Possibilities 1tfi_i21SearchRegisterLog in
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» RENT IS TOO DAMN HIGH
Possibilities Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 5:52 am by VoodooChild-[1TF]

» MA: tankninja1
Possibilities Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 1:03 am by Omega-[1TF]

» Why I am gone
Possibilities Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 12:08 am by Omega-[1TF]

» 1TF Sig/Avatar requests
Possibilities Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 10:54 am by T.Nightingale-[1TF]

» PR: ARMA2
Possibilities Icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 9:19 pm by VoodooChild-[1TF]

» Normal Jokes
Possibilities Icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 7:52 pm by VoodooChild-[1TF]

» Real Life RTS
Possibilities Icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 7:35 pm by VoodooChild-[1TF]

» ImpureXTC-[1TF] DELOYMENT UPDATE
Possibilities Icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 4:58 am by Omega-[1TF]

» Kokan and Hookers EPIC Vicotry
Possibilities Icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 9:32 pm by VoodooChild-[1TF]

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 91 on Tue May 14, 2019 9:02 pm
Top posters
T.Nightingale-[1TF]
Possibilities I_vote_lcapPossibilities I_voting_barPossibilities I_vote_rcap 
Omega-[1TF]
jarhead1145-[1TF]
shoot2kill23-[1TF]
Spielman-[1TF]
Admin
EpikGhost-[1TF]
RedneckSniper-[1TF]
VoodooChild-[1TF]
Caskey-[1TF]

Possibilities

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
EpikGhost-[1TF]

Possibilities Empty
PostSubject: Possibilities   Possibilities Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 1:04 am

Hey guys, been a while since i've been on, mainly due to school starting -___-
but anyways, i've been thinking about this for the last couple months and have done a bit of research on it, and i was thinking of a future in the military. to be more exact, go for a 68w (with option 40) contract. (a medic with a chance to try out for airborne and rangers after AIT..but you guys probably knew that lol) it's still at least 3 more years until that decision may become anywhere near a reality, but it's definitely a solid possibility. you guys think it's a path worth taking?
Back to top Go down
jarhead1145-[1TF]

jarhead1145-[1TF]

Possibilities Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possibilities   Possibilities Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 4:11 pm

it sure sounds like a path worth taking but make sure before you even join the military that you think of other things that you are good at and can get you somewhere such as sports academics, etc

im joining the marines and i had a lot of time to think about this its my senior yeah and i think im going to go for it

im not very enthusiastic about academic work personally so any type of academic scholarship for me is out of the question

im great at baseball but a slim chance for a sports scholarship

i join the marines get my trainings done then get to college through rotc then extend my military career from there

just think about what you want and talk to your family friends recruiters and vets if you know any

dont like mah grammar?
Back to top Go down
Omega-[1TF]
Admin
Omega-[1TF]

Possibilities Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possibilities   Possibilities Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 4:06 am

But now to the serious point. Definitely talk to family about it. Look into the bonuses you can get too. Anything your recruiters tell you, call the nearest army fort. (Not another recruiter). Call the forts administration people and ask them to cross reference what your recruiters may tell you (when the time comes).

I would say that military service in itself is a path worth taking, and the fact that you are gonna get a real job, rather than a rifleman is great. You will be able to get out, and be qualified for a job should you choose that route.

Although imo i would say choose a different branch lol. Everybody gets in the Army. In fact i could have put down 18X (Special Forces candidate). Not only did i meet the ASVAB requirements but i fucking raped the PT requirements. But im not an army guy. I need something that will point me to the skies (shooting for pilot), but also idk how much fun i would have had just shootin rifles at a training range the entire time.

During my time waiting here though for Basic, i managed to enlist a friend as a F-18 hornet mechanic, another as a computer worker (Forgot his specifics), friends sister as a corpsman, and workin right now on setting up my girlfriend as an Air Combat Controller.

You wanna hear specifics on the different branches just send a PM. Good job on planning WAY early too lol.
Back to top Go down
EpikGhost-[1TF]

Possibilities Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possibilities   Possibilities Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 7:39 am

lolol ^

Ah, talked to the folks about it; my bro says, "lol, you're gonna die", my dad's like, "cool", and my mom is hoping i'm just going through a phase XD

True, it's really easy to get into the army (compared to marines), but like i said, i was planning on going for Rangers after too haha. which is a whole lot tougher than just going into the army as a typical soldier.

18x's are recruits for Green Barets i believe, right? pilot? nice! Good luck with that.

thanks for the advice guys.

Back to top Go down
jarhead1145-[1TF]

jarhead1145-[1TF]

Possibilities Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possibilities   Possibilities Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 12:28 pm

lol @ ur bro
Back to top Go down
Omega-[1TF]
Admin
Omega-[1TF]

Possibilities Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possibilities   Possibilities Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 10:36 pm

Quote :
18x's are recruits for Green Barets i believe, right?

Quote :
In fact i could have put down 18X (Special Forces candidate)

Green beret is a color and a hat. But it is just straight up special forces. Gets me nowhere to being a pilot so thats why i didnt choose army.

My friend said med training you get at Texas is pretty good, but he said some of the instructors are D-Bags. Although he went out drinking and partying soo fuckin much so i guess that makes up for his instructors.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Possibilities Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possibilities   Possibilities Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Possibilities
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
1st To Fight :: Welcome to the 1st To Fight Community :: General Chat-
Jump to: